Tuesday 10 May 2011

Reflections on Term 2 Expository Test

I am very disappointed after receiving my results for my expository essay test in Term 2. The reason for this was because there was a drop in grade for my results as compared to that in Term 1. I believe the reason for this was that I am really not reading enough and thus, my range of vocabulary is just insufficient.

In this paper, I was forced to do the question on "The Arts should be made a compulsory component in the school curriculum. Discuss." The reason would be that I am totally unsure of the 2 other topics. For the first topic, I could not decide on what social media was, while for the second topic, I was unable to figure out the meaning of "Adolescence" as well as "turbulence" and thus, was unable to do both the questions.

The thing I've done badly for my essay is that I was unable to include as much examples as I did for my explanation to support them. Furthermore, because of my lack of vocabulary, I am unable to explain my pointers properly.

To ensure that I will do better for my other essays in the future, I would try to read more Time magazines as well as books for me to widen my vocabulary. I would definitely strive to do better in the upcoming tests, achieving at least a grade increase from this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment